We are passionate about the necessity of protecting our natural environment to raise social and economical standards and to leave a livable world for future generations.
The impact of all activities carried out in our world on the environment, social and economic life should be evaluated and these effects should be taken into account while planning socio-economic activity.
As Cemkimsan, it is one of our main objectives to reduce the impact of all our activities on the environment. Therefore, we undertake to work in compliance with international standards regarding the environment, to produce environmentally friendly products for use both on land and offshore, and to work towards reducing the environmental impact of our customers' activities as well as our own activities.
What are we doing?
1) We prepared our processes in compliance with ISO 14001: 2015 and ISO 45001: 2018 standards.
2) We presented our cleaning chemicals to the International Maritime Organization (IMO) for inspection. We received approval that our products can be used safely in open seas.
3) We submitted our water treatment chemicals and production process to NSF Public Health and Safety Organization. We received approval that our products can be safely used in drinking water facilities.
4) We plan our water treatment programs to minimize both water and energy consumption. We reduce our customers' wastewater quantities and energy requirements.
5) We collect our plastic packaging and ensure their reuse.
6) We allocate resources and support for our employees' training demands and needs on environmental safety and sustainability.
7) In our year-end evaluation meeting, which we hold annually, we decide on the activities we will carry out on environmental protection, economic growth and social development, which are the 3 pillars of Cemkimsan's commitment to sustainability.
Our goal is to allocate more resources to our sustainability-related activities every year more than the previous year.